- Come prepared to answer three questions and be in time – What did I do yesterday?, What Am I doing today?, Any Impediments?
- This is not a status report. This is your time to share thoughts with the team, so that they know where you ( or your pair) are and can act accordingly. This is also your time to ask for help and to offer help when asked.
- Address your team in a loud voice, and don’t report to the project manager
- All pigs -Stand in a circle around visible indicators like task board, impediment chart and a phone for those dialing in. All Chickens – Stay away and be quiet. After the stand up you can speak too.
- Keep it short. No standup should go more than 15 minutes.
- Bring at least one impediment to the stand up.
- Pick a pairing partner.
- Make sure the product owner is always there.
- If this is a distributed team do stand ups separately in the two places and then use another standup to report cross team activities later in the day.
- Do this first thing in the morning and may be last thing in the day with distributed teams.
This is a standup, so don’t sit.