What is Scrum?
Scrum in 10 lines
- Scrum is a framework to manage complex projects based on empirical process control mechanisms.
- Scrum is based on inspection, adaption, timebox and transparency.
- Scrum is based on five values – openness, respect, courage, commitment and focus
- Scrum teams do work in timeboxes called Sprint which is either 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks.
- There are three roles Product Owner, Team and ScrumMaster
- ScrumMaster is a leadership role who facilitates scrum ceremonies, keeps the team together, coaches team on Scrum and agile and makes impediments visible.
- Product Owner is the customer representative or customer who specifies what needs to be done in a an order and accepts work when done.
- Team has 5- 9 people that does the work for the product owner and shows an increment of work each iteration.
- Scrum Ceremonies are Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective.
- Scrum can apply to any kind of work that can be planned for at least a week.