What is a Product Backlog?
This is a list like grocery list. Each item in the product backlog is called a product backlog item (PBI) . The product owner orders into one order based on business value , risk and technical input
It is just an excel list. Typical columns in a product backlog are
- Item Number
- Story Description
- Size ( also called as estimate by team)
- Order – This is one number. 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on
- Business Value – The PO is accountable to get the correct business value working with customer, stakeholders and rest of the organization.
- Definition of ready – Is this item sprint ready – yes or no
- Team name – the team that is working on an item
- Sprint number
- Release number
- Acceptance Criteria. – More details on the requirement
Here is an example image on mountain goat sofware